Some Things To Remember About Writing

WRITING ADVICE

“Make sure you aren't wasting the reader’s time.” – Contributed by Ian Rash Using an online source called  The Minimalist , I learn...

Friday, July 27, 2018

The Mystery of the Man Behind the Mask by Serena Sun

One eerie night,Detective Jana lay on her couch when she heard the doorbell ring.

“Hello, who’s there?” Jana opened the door and a plump old man entered.He wore worn out clothes and had a white goatee.

“Hello my name is Chester and am here to announce you’ve got a new case.”

“Have I even met you?why did you not contact me before you came?”

“First of all,this is my case we are talking about and second of all,I am your good friend Myah’s father.She told me I should talk to you about my case,in fact she refused to let me go anywhere else before I told you that my tower which holds my family is now bent out of shape and has a few stolen items that meant alot to me and my family.”

“I am sorry sir.Of course I will help you with this case.I will talk to Myah and set up a meeting to go deeper into this case.Please tell Myah and the rest of your family not to worry.Get some rest and I will see you tomorrow.Goodnight Chester.”

Detective Jana closed the door,excited for her new case.she went to bed and closed her eyes and had the weirdest dream… . . .
Ring,ring,ring!

“Oh my,what time is it? Oh no.I’m late for my meeting with Chester! Hello?’

“Good morning sleepy pants! I will give you 10 minutes to get ready.Come soon!”said Chester.

“ I am so sorry Mr.Chester! I forgot to set my alarm clock.Don’t worry I’ll be there in a flash!”

“ I am counting on it!”
“ See You soon,”as soon as I hung up,I grabbed my shoes,brushed my teeth,grabbed my detective bag, and was out the door.When I made it to their tower,I had to climb up their super long staircase.As I climbed the stairs, I noticed a few bricks were out of place and occasionally a crash of bricks falling.Now I knew what Chester was talking about.As I entered the room,a warm smile greeted me.

“Hey Jana! It has been so long since I have seen you!”

“Myah! I’ve missed you so much! Sorry for keeping you waiting,like I told Chester, I didn’t set my alarm clock so I came as quick as I could.As a matter of fact,I haven’t even had breakfast yet”,I chuckled at my foolishness.
“My then you must be famished!”Myah’s mom said as she entered the room, holding a laundry basket.
“Good morning Mrs.Denei.I really need to get started on the case. Please don’t feel the need to feed me.I will eat at my house.Now Myah,let’s start.”
“All right.Last night as I was brushing my teeth,I heard a strange noise coming from papa’s room.I slowly walked to his room,the noise got louder and louder.I bit my nails as I entered his room and all of a sudden the noise stopped!”

“That is very odd.I think the noise could reflect that your stolen items might have something to do with this.Is Chester home?”

“Did someone say my name?”Chester said as he entered the room.

“I did.Good morning.Myah just told me about a noise coming from your room last night and I was wondering if you heard anything after you called me?” I was starting to get suspicious.

“Um… I think I heard a little squeal at 12:00.”

“Are you sure you did not hear anything else?” He had a guilty grin on his face.

“Sir i need you to tell the truth,”all of a sudden, he started running and out of the blue,he jumped out of the window!

“Chester!”I ran after him as i heard myah and her mother weeping in the corner.Even though I was terrified, I had to act fast.I climbed down the stairs hoping i wasn’t to late.I ran out the door looking for any sight of him.I was too late.I climbed up the stairs,knowing that that guy was not Chester.The questions I now had were where is the real Chester and who was behind the mask?

3 comments: