Some Things To Remember About Writing

WRITING ADVICE

“Make sure you aren't wasting the reader’s time.” – Contributed by Ian Rash Using an online source called  The Minimalist , I learn...

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Disaster Struck by Serena Sun

“Oh, great. I’m late again”, I glanced at my watch, 3:07.As I trudged to Chinese class, I could not understand why my dad made me go when he could teach me for free. I entered the building as a cold frown greeted me.

“You’re late again”, said Mrs. Huang. I took an empty seat in the back. The walls were pure white and I could tell everyone was trying their hardest to stay awake. I leaned back in my chair knowing these 2 hours would go by as fast as a tortoise could run a marathon.

“We were just finishing our paper lanterns. You may join us, Serena,” Mrs. Huang said.
I honestly did not want to make the craft we’ve made for the last 3 days, but I nodded and grabbed a sheet of paper from her desk. I could probably make these things with my eyes closed. I saw Tommy making origami stars in the corner. Then I heard a squeal coming from his direction. I saw one stuck right up in his nostril. The teacher screamed in horror as she saw Tommy panicking on the floor.

“OH MY, GET OFF THE FLOOR NOW! I am bringing you to the hospital. Now. Class, stay calm. Serena will cover for me. Is that ok with you? Okay thank you. I’ll be back in about … a few hours. Okay stay with me now Tommy you’ll be okay…”she left the room abruptly leaving me in shock. Me in charge? No way. I didn’t have the slightest idea how to teach. Well since I am in in charge I think I could change a few things…

As the teacher walked in the classroom I knew she couldn’t trust me anymore…

“What on earth happened…” speechless in horror she glanced at all the paper airplanes once in flight, the usual white walls now covered in finger paint and glue, the children having a spitball fight, that was followed by a food fight. I nearly thought she would faint right then and there

“Children, I will be sure all your parents hear about your behaviour. Meanwhile you will all sit around the room alone thinking about what you’ve done. Serena I need to talk to you.” I walked nervously to her desk.

 “What in the world happened?  I trusted you to cover for me while I was gone?’


 “Disaster struck. That’s what happened.”

No comments:

Post a Comment