Some Things To Remember About Writing

WRITING ADVICE

“Make sure you aren't wasting the reader’s time.” – Contributed by Ian Rash Using an online source called  The Minimalist , I learn...

Friday, July 27, 2018

Raghav, the Ekushka, and the Sari by Raghav Goel

I am Raghav Goel, a detective, but I am not like Encyclopedia Brown! He does his detective work in a suburb, but I work around the world.

So I had this one very strange case about a certain horse called an Ekushka that lives in Indonesia drowning people but it was usually 1 or 2 a year but that year there were 50. So of course, I flew over there.

After I reached the country, everyone was in their homes and I heard crying. I knocked on the door and a woman came to answer. She let me inside.

“(In Hindi) Hi. Can you please tell me about an Ekushka”.

“ (In Hindi) An Ekushka was a horse that looked like a horse used for riding, but it let a person ride them and they were led to the water and the victim was drowned”.

“Thank You”

I went to the swamp where people drowned but there was nothing but a linen cloth that came from a sari, Indonesian traditional clothing for women.

I went back to the village putting the cloth in my pocket and asked people who this could have belonged to. Someone said that it was from Capada, a clothing store, so I went to investigate.

I found the small shack that was working which was strange because no one was outside because of the Ekushka.

Suddenly, someone screamed.

Did someone else die? I went dashing towards the pond and the woman who screamed was right there. Someone was drowned by the Ekushka.

But when I took a glance at the woman, she had the same linen cloth for her sari with a rip in it. I yelled to get the police and 5 minutes later they arrived and arrested the woman for multiple times of murder.  The police asked how I knew it was her.

I said, “I first found the linen cloth.” Taking it out of my pocket, “I heard her scream that someone died. When I noticed the rip in her sari I knew she set this all up.”

The culprit hung her head low and said that she knew how to speak horse so she bribed the Ekushka infinite food to drown people.  So case closed, another mystery solved by Raghav Goel.

6 comments: