Some Things To Remember About Writing

WRITING ADVICE

“Make sure you aren't wasting the reader’s time.” – Contributed by Ian Rash Using an online source called  The Minimalist , I learn...

Friday, July 27, 2018

Raghav, the Mummy, and the Business Card by Raghav Goel

I am Raghav Goel, a detective, but I am not like Encyclopedia Brown! He does his detective work in a suburb, but I work around the world.

So I had a case with a live mummy roaming Giza, a city in Egypt, terrorizing the citizens. So of course, I flew there.

When I arrived, I was shocked to see no one there, because Egypt was very popular. Not even one person was out; everyone was thinking the mummy was real, so I thought maybe the people saw the mummy.

So I knocked on a door and someone screamed. I said I was here to investigate about the mummy case, so she let me in.

“When did the mummy appear?” I said.

“Yesterday, the mummy came up in front of an audience and I was there. The mummy roared and everyone ran away!” she said.

“Thanks for the information”

“No problem, just please solve this mystery; no one is leaving their homes”

“Can I have the directions to the incident?”

“Sure. Take a right from here. Then, when you reach the stage, take a left”

“Bye”

Then, I went to the spot where the woman told me the incident happened and found a business card that said Sand 4 Life.

So, I called Sand 4 Life and got everyone that was on the card to come to the incident site. A piece of white cloth fell from one of the people.

Five seconds later, the mummy appeared and scared everyone. I went under the stage, waited for the mummy to turn around and I followed.

He led me to a lab where I found a bunch of mummy making equipment with a lot of the same white cloth and the mummy entered behind me and I said

“You are a fake mummy!”

“ROAR”

I ran out the door and pulled the linen cloth and I yelled “This is the mummy reveal!” and I pulled the bandages.

 A person emerged from it and everyone was shocked to see that it was a police officer. The police arrived and arrested the “mummy” and the mummy went to jail and everyone was happy. Another case solved by me.

11 comments: